Came across a post on social media the other day. It was “I can’t even remember the last time I ever had any new year’s resolutions because I was definitely one of those “why bothers? it’ll never happen” type of person” post. No offense. But, I am the kind who have new year resolutions. Just saying, I need something to focus on.
Glad to have long weekends during New Year, I managed to finalize new year goals to work on. I am quite satisfied on what I achieved in 2021, though few were affected due to Covid, but somehow I managed to accomplish majority of them. I monitored and realigned my goals along the way, to be more defined, adjusting to situations from time to time.
I am excited for what lies ahead, feeling hyped to work hard on what I have planned. I was having dinner with a long lost friend on Monday. He asked: who do you see yourself compare with? Myself, I said. Not being ignorant. Just saying, everyone has their own path and I don’t want to compare with anybody else, so long I am doing better than my old self.
It is quite subjective whether or not to have new year resolutions. To me, it would be good to jot down what’s in mind, plan out resources to achieve my goals. I started doing it few years back, and they are the reasons that keep me pushing. I feel accomplished whenever I achieved something and then struck them off from my list.
Can’t wait to see myself at a new high by end of the year. I am pretty busy recently at work, in life, with friends. But I am feeling good cause I find myself being efficient with limited time. Though it can be quite tiring at times, I managed to complete a lot of tasks. Guess my new bought planner really makes wonders. 🙂
How about you? What’s your new year resolutions?
1. What are 10 great things that happened or that you accomplished in 2021?
- Successful internal mobility
- Passed ICA advanced certificate
- Met someone who changed my perception of love
- Blood Donation
- Candlelight concert
- Ocean restaurant
- Take good care of my mental health
- Having good boss & considerate colleagues
- Love what I do at work
- Signed up 2 years gym membership- best investment of the year
2. What do you want to celebrate?
- I made promise in doing things even though I am not sure if it is right or it will succeed, at least I took that leap of faith. And I did it!
3. How do you want to approach 2022?
- Remain fearless, to live with no regrets!
4. What qualities do you want to cultivate?
- Let things happen, trust the process, and enjoy the ride.
5. What bad habits do you want to leave in the past?
6. How will you commit to yourself?
- To remember that no matter how hard it gets, I will continue to remain true to myself
7. Where will you pour your attention?
- Physical & mental health. Body management. Career. Education. Relationships.
8. What habits or practices nourish you?
- Write journals. Read books.
9. What do you want more of in 2022?
- To allocate more time for relationships & myself, aside work.
10. One small thing you do everyday to be your best self?
Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life!
A message that strikes me when le mom shared me this quote.
Often we plan too far ahead, as if we have a lot of time, feelings won’t change or people don’t leave. We take things for granted.
2 more months before 2022 is here. I am kinda proud of myself for what I have accomplished this year, a leap of faith year indeed. Regardless my career, studies, mental health, interest (as in hobbies) and relationship, I grasp them! If you know, you know.
Little pat on my shoulder, I have done well so far, well at least my 2021 new year resolutions are on track. Will continue to work on my new resolutions. Slowly but surely…